Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's Get Physical!




Taking advantage of the fact I now have my entire day free (that's right. all day, everyday), I decided that this would be the perfect time to try out one of the classes my gym offers. I've been reluctant to do this because the classes have no levels, and they're not like "6 week seminars" or whatever. So basically, the class is full of a mix of beginners and pros. But i saw some pretty old ladies head into this "Hi/Low Sculpting" class so I figured I could manage that. I was all ready to go in my spandex pants and nice cold poland spring!
So, the instructor walks in. This crop-top wearin', belly-tattooed, short and VERY excited Jamaican woman. This was definitely gonna be fun!
The music: just the very best of 1990's dance-remix's of course! Chock full of Ace of Base, Whitney Houstin, and Montel Jordan! Nice!!

So basically the class was fun, but I was definitely the most uncoordinated there. It seemed everyone else knew all the moves this short loud woman was yelling out, while I stood there craning my neck trying to see her, and constantly going the opposite direction of everyone else! I was probably the sweatiest in the room, but oh well...I'm totally going back! Maybe next time I'll wear a sweet sweatband too!

No comments: